You can undoubtedly do a glute workout at home because several movements can enlarge the buttocks without using tools, so you don’t have to go to the gym.
But what kind of exercises do lift the buttocks?
Best glute lifts you can do at home.
Although some people exercise to shrink the buttocks, many want to enlarge the buttocks.
Glute workouts at home focus on repetitive movements that rely on the thigh and hip strength.
Here is a complete guide to doing glute workouts at home.
1. Gluten Bridge
This first exercise is safe enough for beginners; the glute bridge will strengthen the buttocks and hamstrings and the muscles through the hips.
Here’s how to do this exercise.
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet on the floor—choice of hands at the sides of the body with palms flat on the ground.
- Hold your abs and hips, press your feet to the floor, and lift your hips off the floor. Your body should form a straight line from shoulders to knees.
- Hold up for 5 seconds, then slowly lower to the starting position.
- Complete three sets with 15 counts.
2. Jump and squat
This plyometric exercise will nourish your heart and help strengthen your buttocks, hips, quads, hamstrings, and calves.
Here’s how to enlarge the buttocks through plyometric exercises.
- Stand in a squat position with legs slightly wider than shoulder-width apart and arms at the sides.
- Lower your body until your thighs are in line with your knees.
- When you squat, clasp your hands forward with your palms together.
- Push the body up and down. Extend your arms out to the sides to help kick your body.
- Squat back slowly, knees bent, and repeat.
- Complete three sets of 10-15 counts.
3. Walking with weights
Lunges are an excellent exercise for building and toning butt muscles.
In addition, the exercise targets quadriceps strength and improves your balance.
If you have problems with your knees, ankles, and hips, consult a physical therapist before trying this exercise.
Here’s how to do it.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand with your hands at your sides, or find another object that has the same weight.
- Stand with feet hip distance apart—step forward about 60 cm with the left foot.
- Bend your left knee toward the floor until it is parallel.
- Pause and hold this position for a few seconds.
- Then take a step forward with your right foot, and repeat the movement with this leg.
- Repeat this pattern, alternating legs for 20 reps (10 each leg).
- Complete with two sets of 20 counts.
4. One-leg deadlift
The one-leg deadlift is a medium to advanced intensity exercise that targets the strength of the buttocks and hamstring muscles.
This glute workout at home also works on balance and stability in your core muscles.
Here’s how to enlarge the buttocks with the one-leg deadlift.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand or find another object with the same weight. Place your hands in front of your thighs.
- Stand with your weight on your right leg with a slight bend in the knee.
- Begin the hanging movement by lifting the left leg straight back.
- Let the weight of the body fall forward, palms facing each other while still holding dumbbells.
- Your body will drop to the ground when your left leg is straight back, and your right foot supports your weight.
- Lift slowly until your left foot is parallel to the floor.
- Slowly lower your legs to the starting position.
- Complete three sets with 15 counts on each leg.
The clamshell targets the deep buttocks muscles (gluteus medius and minimus). That is often overlooked when doing exercises like squat jumps and deadlifts.
These muscles help stabilize the pelvis, prevent low back pain, and balance the lower body.
Check out how to do the following glute workout at home.
- Begin by lying on your left side with your feet stacked, your head resting on your left arm, and your right hand on your hip.
- Bend your hips and knees to make a 90-degree angle. Your feet should be in line with your buttocks.
- Raise your right knee as high as possible while keeping the soles of your feet together.
- Keep your left knee in contact with the floor and hips stacked. Don’t roll your hips back.
- Hold at the top for a few seconds before slowly lowering to the starting position.
- Complete three sets of 15 counts, then repeat on the other side.
6. Donkey kicks
This type of glute workout at home focuses on the movement of the buttocks muscles so that it is the right way to enlarge your buttocks.
Check out how to enlarge the buttocks with the following exercise.
- Start by positioning yourself in a crawling position.
- Keep your knees hip-width apart, place your palms on the floor, and your spine straight.
- Then lift your right leg off the floor, keeping your right knee bent and your leg straight.
- Use your glutes to push your legs up toward the ceiling. * Hold and push at the top. Make sure your hips and hips stay pointed toward the ground.
- Return to starting position.
- Complete 15 counts on each leg for three sets.